Thursday, March 18, 2010

Buttery Goodness

I woke up this morning, feeling kind of punky, with a head cold. Thankfully, I had some already prepared chicken noodle soup, from one of my freezer cooking days, already in the freezer!! Click here for the recipe. I cook everything except the noodles, and then cool and freeze. When I take it out to cook it, is when I add the egg noodles. That way, they don't get mushy. One other thing, I do, is prepare the chicken in advance, so that it is already diced or shredded for the soup. You can find how I do this, here I also like to double the carrots, onions and celery, and use L.B. Jamison's chicken base instead of broth. It gives a lot more flavor.

What goes even better with a bowl of hot chicken and noodle soup? A hot, yummy, buttery roll!! It took no time at all in my bread machine, and very easy to shape and throw into a buttered pan to rise.

Bread Machine Rolls
Makes 12 large rolls or 24 small

Put these ingredients in bread machine in the order listed...
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup butter softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups of bread flour
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Select dough setting. When dough is complete, turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 12 or 24 portions. Shape dough into balls, and place in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Cover with syran wrap, and let rise about 20 minutes. Bake at 375degrees for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. When done, I put a little bit of butter on the tops of each bun. Yummy!!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amo~Roma said...

so.. when are we going to have a stamping.. or a freezing.. or something party? we need to have a day and do lots of baking or something. that'd be fun! :)

LeAnna said...

Okay, let's get together soon. I need to get caught up on things from being gone for so long. I'll work on it!:)


Curriculum

I absolutely love Charlotte Mason and her philosophy on education! The following are just a few on the wonderful tools that will use in our school year, using her methods:

Heart of Dakota: Little Hearts For His Glory
Heart of Dakota: Little Hands To Heaven
A Reason For Handwriting K
Singapore Earlybird Math 2A and 2B
The Reading Lesson
How Great Thou Art
God Made Kindermusic
Alpha Omega Horizons Health