Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reading...


As much as I love to read, I have a hard time finding time to sit down and soak up in a good book. But, I came across this book, "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God", and haven't been able to put it down. It's a very refreshing and really puts into perspective how important our jobs as stay at home moms and wives are! It is very important! He only wants us to give Him our best, so that He can mold us into His best! This book gives a bright insight on what a keeper of the home truly is,and made me feel proud to be a stay at home mom! It also shines light on to how Believers can even neglect to value what God values.

I really like 2 Timothy 4:3, because it's shows us why we need to be very careful what we are taking in... "For a time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers." NKJV.

Many so-called, Christian self-help authors, teachers and even bloggers, are eager to tickle our ears and tell us we need more time for ourselves and that we deserve more. But, all that does is rob us of the joy and fulfillment that we could have if we just embraced our God ordained roles. When we submit to His design for home, family, and marriage, then our homemaking will impact our families for God's glory, for generations to come!

I could go on, but I want to finish it, and I don't want to spoil to much for those of you who want to read it! Fabulous book! You can find it here or here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I saw the link on the HOD board!

LeAnna said...

Thank you, brightman73!


Curriculum

I absolutely love Charlotte Mason and her philosophy on education! The following are just a few on the wonderful tools that will use in our school year, using her methods:

Heart of Dakota: Little Hearts For His Glory
Heart of Dakota: Little Hands To Heaven
A Reason For Handwriting K
Singapore Earlybird Math 2A and 2B
The Reading Lesson
How Great Thou Art
God Made Kindermusic
Alpha Omega Horizons Health